We are aware that women have a more active role in making choices as to where they should accommodate with their families. Moreover, their preferences is now something to be taken into account by all facilities, with the increase of their active involvement in business life. What factors affect women’s preferences when they make a choice among hotels? What does remain in their minds when they leave a hotel and what are the details that encourage them to be repeat guests?
The perception of men and women of the world is inherently different from each other, which make them see the hotels they stay at differently, as well. Here are some essential tips that we think serve well for the expectations of women from a hotel…
The quality of personal care products such as shampoo and soap is among the first details that remain in a woman’s mind after checking out. A woman will not forget it if her hair turns dull after using a shampoo. Besides, one should not be surprised at the significance of this detail which could even affect her next preference of a hotel. Similarly, it would be a minus point for your property if a female guest of yours, hoping to find a hairdryer at your hotel, encountered some unpleasant surprise: the absence of the hairdryer.
Cleanliness and a regular and uninterrupted cleaning service are among the important factors for women. It will be an appropriate decision to consider every detail about hygiene. Also, leaving courtesy items in the room after cleaning would be a small but effective idea and they would show your female guests that the room has been cleaned. The service quality of the room also draws a woman’s attention more when compared to that of a man.
Female guests also expect to feel safe during their stay at your hotel. It should be noted that the sensitivity to this matter has especially increased in parallel with the increased number of women travelling alone for business purposes.
Women and Aesthetics
As women have a stronger sense of aesthetics compared to that of men, the appearance of the facilities now matter as much as their functionality. Therefore, female guests would like it if both the decoration and all the equipment they will use are laid out with an aesthetic point of view.
Tips for influencing women
- Make sure that products such as toothbrush, nail clippers, or acetone, which might lead to inconveniency if forgotten, are available in your property. The availability of female-oriented materials like make-up mirrors will contribute a lot to a hotel.
- Just like men, women also care about the availability of chargers for electronic devices such as mobile phones and laptops with a demanding that needs to be addressed.
- It is a must to include low-fat and low-calorie products in menus, which women would like a lot. Increasing the number of diet foods is a critical point for any facility that would like to increase the number of its female guests.
- Do not forget flowers. A male guest might not notice the flowers in a room, but they could mean so much for a woman that existence of flowers might have an impact on their entire day and create permanently positive memorabilia for them.
- Although it is not as indispensable as the abovementioned, having yoga mats at your property would make it highly likely to see your enthusiast female guests leaving the hotel with a positive impression.
Some details and considerations that did not matter much in the past have become critical, with women having started to be more active in deciding on hotel reservations. Therefore, we suggest you to prove your distinction by prioritizing such small details.
Another detail about women is that they are quite active internet users. It is necessary for you to communicate with these guests who could promote your property voluntarily, given that they could share their positive experiences with other women through the Internet. Did you know that you could create your website easily, manage your digital marketing and start accepting online reservations thanks to HotelRunner? Become a member of HotelRunner and have a look at what we offer…