SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the most practical way to drive traffic to your website through search engines. In other words, a successful SEO will enable you to improve website traffic for your property, and naturally, benefit your online room sales.
SEO includes all of the actions carried out to increase a website’s competitive edge and ensure that it is featured in the top results of free (organic) searches. In these actions, specific ‘keywords’ used in search engines are associated with your property’s website. As your site is periodically scanned by search engines, these actions make it easier to record your website in the related directories, improving its visibility.
HotelRunner provides you with significant SEO tips along with some SEO terms that may enable more users to access your website through search engines.
It is the unique address of a webpage. It makes it possible for your website to be scanned and classified correctly by search engines.
- Users and Google prefer that URLs are clear, catchy and easy to read.
- URLs can be ‘read’ more easily when addresses created automatically for very long page titles are shortened and words are separated with a “dash” sign.
- If a page’s keywords are included in the URL, it will bring a significant SEO advantage.
It is the term to refer to the words entered by users in a search engine to find what they are looking for on the Internet.
- Keywords are related to the entire content on your website and may show the reasons why users visit a specific page.
- You can directly target your target audience with long phrases (long tail keywords) and specific keywords.
- You can determine the keywords in your content by using the ‘keyword planner’ powered by Google Adwords.
- Each page of your website should contain their own unique ‘target keywords’.
It is the field that contains a short and introductory text about the page which can be found under the page title in search results.
- Users first read the ‘meta description’ before deciding to click your link although the search engine does not affect the listing of search results.
- You should keep your page description between 150 and 160 characters. This is because Google does not display the part exceeding 155 characters in the description.
- You need to express your page content clearly and inform the search engine of the related keywords.
It refers to any kind of engaging information drawing user attention.
- It helps ensure that more users recommend your website to others. They may recommend it by sharing it on social networks, blogs and in forums as a reference as well as through comments, feedbacks, etc.
- You should create ‘website content’ based on your potential customers rather than search engines.
- Witty, compelling content ensure that users are satisfied with your website and will visit it once again.
It is the title of a particular page on your website.
- It is among the most important page elements when it comes to SEO. It should express the page content concisely, and direct a user to click.
- Google does not demonstrate the portion of page titles exceeding 70 characters.
Offering an advanced SEO support, HotelRunner is always there for you not only regarding SEO, but also for all kinds of your digital marketing challenges such as helping you manage your sales channels in the most effective way and increasing your bookings. Create your free-of-charge account now and start earning immediately.