Before the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, few travelers gave a second thought to sleeping in a bed that hundreds of others had slept in. But now, what travelers touch and who they interact with are at the top of their concerns. It’s now critically important for you to build confidence and set expectations for guests around health and cleanliness so you can capture available demand. To help ease guest concerns, Booking.com is prominently showcasing the measures you take on your property page and introducing a “Health & Safety” filter to help bookers find you.
Your goal is to make guests feel confident that their stay will be as safe, clean, and comfortable as their own home. Booking.com’s goal is to make it easy for you to show guests all the measures you’re taking to respond to the pandemic.
Pay attention to what guests are saying
Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, the use of specific words used by guests when they ask questions about a property has seen a dramatic upswing.
For example, according to Booking.com, the use of the words “clean” and “hygiene” have both increased by over 60%.
Showcase the measures you’re taking
To help you get the word out, Booking.com has created a simple and effective checklist involving cleanliness and disinfecting, physical distancing, and food and drink safety that highlights what you’re doing to make every guest’s stay safe.
How does it work?
- Go to “Health & Safety” under Booking.com Extranet’s “Property” section and indicate which measures you’re currently taking.
- Your commitment to cleanliness immediately displays on your property page in a specially designed box.
- Travelers will find you more easily with the “Health & Safety” filter, which appears high up in the list of available search filters.
- Mark any other additional measures on the Extranet and make sure they’re sustainable by following the United Nations Environment Program handbook (only available in English).
Let guests know about your efforts
Documenting the health and cleaning guidelines that you follow at your property is an important start. You can amplify the actions you’re taking by communicating with guests at all the right touchpoints:
- Do you offer check-in services that help with social distancing by utilizing lockboxes or digital keys? Indicate this in the “Facilities & Services” section of your Booking.com Extranet.
- Create an empathetic message for your guests using messaging templates and save time sending it with Booking.com’s scheduler.
- Reassure guests on arrival with printed signs or hygiene handouts that detail your attention to health and safety.
- Do you provide disinfectant wipes or a hand-sanitizing station? Include images of these amenities or signs that you display in your property photos.
- Stay up to date with Booking.com’s ongoing platform improvements around cleanliness.
To fill the checklist and capture the demand on Booking.com, click here now!